Madera Islamic Cemetery Rules and Regulations:
1. All burial processes should be in accordance with the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), and there is
no room for cultural habits or traditions.
2. Contact the Madera Islamic Cemetery officials/director at least 24 business hours in advance, and fill out an Interment
Order/Form before the burial, the person completing the Interment Order/Form and the witnesses must provide Madera
Islamic Cemetery with the approved identification before the burial. If the interment order/form was pre-filled/printed online;
please provide Madera Islamic Cemetery with 2 completed copies. Death Certificate MUST be provided prior to any burial
services can be done, no exceptions.
3. It is important to show Islamic etiquettes during the burial:
A- Do not interfere with the staff's work. B- Do not step or walk on the graves. You can walk only on the walkways.
C- Every attendant is required to fully respect and protect the properties of the Madera Islamic Cemetery; keep clean at all times.
D- No pets are allowed to enter the cemetery at any time.
E- Women are NOT allowed to participate with the burial process.
F- All minors MUST be accompanied by an Adult/Parent who is fully responsible for the minor’s activities in the cemetery.
4. Family and friends should be at least 50 feet from the grave after placing and lowering of the body in to the grave, and
should remain at that distance to avoid any injuries. The body should be in the grave without a casket, unless there is a
special circumstance, and approved by Madera Islamic Cemetery director and officials. I understand that Madera Islamic
Cemetery is not responsible for any damage happens to the grave during or after the burial.
5. No modifications to the grave of any kind are allowed by anyone, except changes made by Madera Islamic Cemetery.
6. No cement, constructions or stone can be placed above the ground of any grave.
7. No Qur'an verses shall be inscribed on the tombstones or any other place on the grave, only English letters will be placed
on the headstone and will only include: 1- The name of the person as shown on the death certificate 2- Date of Birth 3- Date
of death. Madera Islamic Cemetery will install the Headstone on the grave as suitable to Madera Islamic Cemetery's
schedule within three to six months.
8. Madera Islamic Cemetery will be open every day from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Call Madera Islamic Cemetery to obtain gate
lock access combination.
9. Visitors to the cemetery and grave sites shall abide by the cemetery rules and regulations:
A- Women are welcome to visit the cemetery 8:00am to 5:00pm, as long as suitably and modestly dressed. B- Madera
Islamic Cemetery is not obligated to put grass on the graves. C- No picture taking, No video recording, No music of any
kind. D- No smoking. E- Parking is not allowed outside the fence. Everyone must park in the designated parking areas; all
violators will be towed away.
Madera Islamic Cemetery Rules and Regulations during the Pandemic:
1. Maximum number allowed is forty people.
2. Any person with any health conditions should not come to the Cemetery.
3. Everyone has to wear a mask all the time in the Cemetery or its vicinities.
4. Children 13 years and under should not come to the Cemetery.
5. Sisters should not come to the cemetery at the funeral time, but they are welcome to come at other times
to visit cemetery as long as they abide by the rules and regulations.
6. Please make Wudu at home because there is no place to make Wudu.
7. Avoid group socialization and always keep six feet distance between you and others even during the funeral prayer.
8. Handshaking and hugging are not allowed at all.
9. Only family members who will place the body in the grave are allowed at the grave site (Max. 6).